Category Archives: Redmine

Upgrading Redmine 1.2.1 to 1.3.0 fails on Windows, Mongrel

Redmine

I previously upgraded my Redmine install from 1.1.0 to 1.2.1 an needed to supply a mongrel.rb file in the config/initialization folder. This was needed because of special requirements for use with Mongrel 1.1.5.

After upgrading to 1.3.0, I copied my normal configuration.yml and database.yml to the config folder following the upgrade instructions, as well as the mongrel.rb to the config/initialization folder. I also updated Rails per the requirements for Redmine 1.3.0 to 2.3.14

I restarted the Redmine service and got a blank white screen. After doing a little digging, I realized that the mongrel.rb was missing the entry for Rails 2.3.14, so I added it, restarted and voila! Fixed.

An updated file can be found here.

Configuring Redmine Incoming Emails on Windows

Redmine

Redmine can read from an email account and update tasks with the following rake command:
rake -f “C:\Ruby187\Apps\redmine-1.1.2\Rakefile” redmine:email:receive_pop3 RAILS_ENV=production host=mail.mydomain.com username=me@mydomain.com password=”password”

This is good, however we need to set up a Cron Job to make it check on a defined schedule. To do this, we install Pycron as service:
http://www.kalab.com/freeware/pycron/pycron.htm

Now open the crontab.txt Editor.

Browse for your rake.bat file in the Command area, then enter the rest of your parameters in the Parameters area.

Test and done!