Are you tried with the ho-hum Christmas Gift Exchange? How about a super fun modern mashup with the oh-so-popular cheek retractor game?
I present to you, the “Bumbling Reindeer Gift Exchange”
If you have played both games, the rules are fairly simple and similar.
- Speak Out, Watch Ya’ Mouth or have the Must Say It cheek retractors.
- Bumbling Reindeer Christmas Phrases – Over 200 phrases!
Bumbling Reindeer Gift Exchange Rules:
- Everyone gets a number.
- Base on total players, groups are created with 3 to 4 players.
- Player #1’s group goes first.
- Player #1 picks a phrase to say out of a bag.
- Player #1 reads the phase to themselves and then shows the phrase to the other groups not playing as they will officiate.
- Player #1 puts in a mouthpiece, flips the timer and then reads the phrase to their group.
- Player #1’s group must try to repeat the correct phrase before the time runs out.
- If Player #1’s group guesses correctly, they all pick 1 gift to steal or open new.
- If time runs out before the group successfully answers, play moves to the next group and the person with the lowest number goes first.
- When play comes back around, the next lowest number player is selected to play.
Gift Exchange Rules:
- All gifts are place in the center of the room
- Gifts can be taken from the center or stolen from a player.
- Every time a gift is taken, a sticker is added to it.
- A gift with 3 stickers is marked ‘frozen’ and can no longer be taken or used to swap.
- A player can take the same amount of $25 gifts as they deposited when the game started.
Ending the Game:
There are two ways the game can end:
- All Gifts are Claimed
- All the ‘center’ gifts are taken by the last group to play, and the next group to win chooses not to steal.
- All Gifts are Frozen
- Game continues to play until all gifts are marked as frozen.
Enjoy! If you like,